Table of Contents
Why was the Longevity FAQ Approved Supplement Award Created?
With the popularity of Dr. David Sinclair’s NY Times bestselling book Lifespan Why we age and why we don’t have to, as well as the media attention on one of the world’s wealthiest people, aka Bezoz dropping US $3 billion into longevity start-up Alto Labs, more of the general public are starting on their longevity and biohacking journey. In addition to good food, sleep, and exercise, biohackers are turning to expensive supplements to slow down the clock.
Shady supplement brands are launching on Amazon, eBay, AliExpress, and other online marketplaces to cash in on the high supplement costs and the increased interest in these supplements. Unfortunately, not all supplements and supplement brands are created equal; a recent report published by ChromaDex looked at 21 supplement brands from Amazon, the company purchasing them and having them 3rd party lab tested (read our article on the Warning of Fake or Low-Quality NMN and Other Longevity Supplements) the shocking result was that 3 out of the 21 contained no NMN and 11 of the 21 less than the reported limit of NMN, only three brands were at or above the reported supplement purity.
Criteria for a Supplement to Receive the Longevity FAQ Approved Supplement Award
- Supplements must be 3rd Party batch tested with 3rd party testing certificate.
- Analysis certificate must be available to the public and from a known Analysis company.
- Compliant with GMP Practices.
- It is not Exclusively sold on eBay, Amazon, AliExpress, etc., while those platforms are great for other products. Any supplement that is sold only on those platforms will not be considered.
- Have been in business as a supplement brand for at least 2 years.
- For supplements like NMN, the company sources their supplement from trusted producers such as EffePharm (Uthever NMN).
- For other products, such as longevity tech products, testing (including biological age and NAD Level testing)
- Has been tested by myself or a trusted member of our/this Longevity and Anti-Aging Facebook community Facebook Group.
- If a new product that we feel interests the Longevity and Biohacking community.
- For established brands, negative feedback about the brand or product is not unacceptable.
Longevity Supplement Brands Awarded Longevity FAQ’s Recommended Supplement Brand
Now that I have gone through why the Longevity FAQ approved list award was created, here is the list; note I have broken the list down by brand. Also, this will be a living reference document with supplements added, removed, and modified over time, so it’s highly recommended you bookmark it for future reference.
|Not exclusively sold on|
Amazon, eBay, Ali, etc
|In Business more|
Than 2 Years
|Sources Supplements from Trusted|
Manufacturers i.e. EffePharm for NMN
|California Gold Nutrition||Yes – link||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|DoNotAge||Yes – link||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Double Wood||Yes – link||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Hansen Supplements||Yes – link Link||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|ProHealth Longevity||Yes – link||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Renue by Science||Yes – link||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|